Ladies and germs, I present to you what is perhaps my favorite release that I’ve worked on to date: In The Clouds, a five-song EP and debut release from Boston-based indie rockers The Dirty Dishes.
I mixed and co-produced the record, also sharing mastering duties with Dave Cooley (produced both Silversun Pickups records and has mastered for J Dilla, Madlib, & Polyphonic Spree). They’re something like a female-fronted Silversun Pickups or Autolux. But fresher. And maybe with a dash of Smashing Pumpkins. Listen to all five songs on Bandcamp. My favorites:
» “Deer In Headlights” (catchy, indie)
» “Stolen Apples” (fun with a hint of evil)
» “Thin Air” (epic shoegaze)
Haggle with your favorite ticket scalper tonight outside Boston’s House of Blues to catch the Dirty Dishes opening for Passion Pit at their sold-out show. And in case you haven’t noticed, these blogosphere darlings have been hyping the hell out of the Dishes:
- Passion Pit’s Top Tips for 2010 (Timesonline.co.uk)
- “Stolen Apples” featured on the front page of Myspace Music as track #1 on their Boston Bands We Like playlist
- Featured “Back and Forth” in their Diesel:U playlist
- Passion Pit’s “bands you need to know about” (Austin City Limits)
- Passion Pit’s “favorite Boston bands” (TheYoungAndTheHungry.com)
Download any song from their EP for free on Bandcamp or support the band by buying the whole thing:
- In The Clouds on Bandcamp (money goes directly to the band minus PayPal fees)
- In the Clouds on Amazon MP3 (some of the money goes to Amazon)
- In The Clouds on iTunes (some of Apple’s portion goes to me because I have an affiliate account… I mean um… what???)
BLOGGERS: feel free to post an mp3 for free download. You can also embed their Bandcamp player on your page by clicking the song title and then “Share”.